Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP, Norton Rose Fulbright LLP, Norton Rose Fulbright Australia, Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP and Norton Rose Fulbright South Africa Inc are separate legal entities and all of them are members of Norton Rose Fulbright Verein, a Swiss verein. Norton Rose Fulbright Verein helps coordinate the activities of the members but does not itself provide legal services to clients.
This position is responsible for deploying messaging using all of Norton Rose Fulbright’s communication channels and providing communications support for strategic initiatives.
Tactically, the communications specialist supports in the development, maintenance and implementation of Norton Rose Fulbright’s style guidelines and standards for tone and voice and writing style.
Under the direction of the Communications Manager, the Communications Specialist’s primary role is to assist in crafting messaging and deploying internal communications throughout the Canadian organization. This role works collaboratively with the entire Clients and Markets team.
The role supports the internal culture at Norton Rose Fulbright by embodying a positive and collaborative approach to supporting internal clients. Because of the consultative approach required of this position, the communications specialist role directly impacts the internal client service experience.
This position needs to demonstrate the ability to develop and deliver tactical communications activities, execute upon multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously and have strong knowledge of best practice integrated communications.
- Crafts, edits and reviews business service and executive communications
- Coordinates internal communications campaigns related to business service groups
- Supports the communications manager and director on crisis communications
- Crafts and deploys the arrivals, departures and retirements process and messages through all channels
- Develops and manages content for the intranet, digital signage network and the daily Need to Know newsletter
- Liaises with internal parties for communications deployment, including the digital and linguistics teams
- Supports the communications manager on ad-hoc content review and deployment
- Manages workflow to the global service centre
- Manages and maintains best practice, process and tracking documents for internal communications
- Leads the internal national United Way campaign communications
Skills and Qualifications
- Background in Communications, Journalism, Media Relations or Marketing; Communications is preferred
- Minimum 3 – 5 years of experience working in a communications role
- Experience working in a professional services environment is considered an asset, but not mandatory
- French language skills are considered an asset, but not mandatory
- Experience working with SharePoint is considered an asset, but not mandatory
- Confident providing communication recommendations to internal clients and senior leadership
- Adept at deploying messaging across multiple communication platforms
- Technologically adept at communicating using collaboration platforms (SharePoint) and web-based applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Understand how to craft messaging for different audiences
- Recognize and realize how to repurpose content from traditional messaging into digitally appropriate messaging
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet required deadlines
- Appreciation and respect of the cultural and linguistic diversity of a large global organization and ensure internal communications strategies are inclusive.
Norton Rose Fulbright
Norton Rose Fulbright is a global legal firm. We provide the world’s pre-eminent corporations and financial institutions with a full business law service. We have more than 3800 lawyers and other legal staff based in more than 50 cities across Europe, the United States, Canada, Latin America, Asia, Australia, Africa, the Middle East and Central Asia.
Recognized for our industry focus, we are strong across all the key industry sectors: financial institutions; energy; infrastructure, mining and commodities; transport; technology and innovation; and life sciences and healthcare.
Wherever we are, we operate in accordance with our global business principles of quality, unity and integrity. We aim to provide the highest possible standard of legal service in each of our offices and to maintain that level of quality at every point of contact.
Diversity and Inclusion
Diversity is an important firm value. We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment and to providing a workplace which is free from discrimination and harassment. This means that all job applicants, employees and partners will receive equal treatment regardless of race, colour, ethnic or national origins, sex, marital status, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
To apply, please visit the Careers page of our website at www.nortonrosefulbright.com. We thank all candidates for their application, but will be contacting only those whom we select to invite for an interview.
Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP has an accommodation process in place that provides accommodations for employees with disabilities. If you are unable to apply for a position online or require any further accommodations during our recruitment process, please contact email@example.com.