A career at Jolera means you never stop learning. Everyday, you will encounter work that will challenge you and help develop your skills. We will provide you with support and opportunities for career growth.
As part of our team, you will collaborate with people who are passionate about their work and motivated to help one another. We’re committed to having a culture of teamwork, accountability and community involvement.
Our Commitment to Diversity
At Jolera, our people are our strongest asset. We believe that a diverse team makes us stronger because it leads to new ideas, provides a wide range of skill sets and creates an engaging community. Every single person plays an important role in providing our clients with the best services possible.
Jolera Inc. is a multinational technology hybrid aggregate service provider (HASP) focused on delivering IT solutions As-a-Service for its customers and channel partners. We are Canadian based with more than 18 years of experience in the industry.
We know that IT solutions require more than just technology – they need skilled people behind them. That is why we assembled a great team of experts who are committed to finding the best solutions for your needs. Our people are focused, client driven and passionate about connecting users with technology.
If you are a passionate, security minded individual that likes to think outside the box, is never satisfied with the status quo and has a strong information security experience, this might be the role for you. You will have a major stake in developing security programs that support business goals, develop new strategies to combat cyber threats and improve existing security practices. This will include meeting with customers to provide security assessments and remediation activities.
- Conduct infrastructure, network, web and mobile application penetration testing and security vulnerabilities assessments
- Research and identify customer security vulnerabilities
- Deliver concise technical work and provide advice to customers and other staff members
- Help customers develop secure solutions
- Create security analysis reports and other relevant customer-faced documentation
- Engage in technical problem solving across multiple technologies; assist in developing new methods to apply to the situation
- Scope and deliver customer information security needs within the Jolera security platforms
- 5+ years of programming/scripting experience in any of the following: Python, PowerShell C++, .Net, Java
- 5+ years of experience with security design, implementation, or assessment
- Solid understanding of security, including advanced security areas such as penetration testing, cryptography, blockchain technology, hardware security, kernel hacking, and reverse engineering
- Experience in identifying and developing correlation rules in SIEM platforms to identify behavioural anomalies, threats and alerts
- Deep understanding of tools Kali Linux, Burp Suite, OWASP ZAP, or any other penetration testing frameworks or tools
- Strong experience in Active Directory, group policies, access control, Microsoft and Linux technologies
- Background operational knowledge of business IT systems and IT security products is a strong plus
- Strong skills in managing customer expectation and presenting findings
- Ability to conduct IT risk assessments and gap analysis
- Working knowledge of industry security standards, regulations, and frameworks such as NIST CSF, NIST-800-53, ISO-27001/2, HIPAA, FFIEC, GLBA, NERC CIP, PCI DSS, CIS, GDPR, etc.
- Must have CISSP, CISM, CEH, GIAC, OSCP and/or other industry certification
- Experience in networking technologies, firewalls, protocols and routing would be a great asset
- Strong experience in leading teams
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Proven track record with vulnerability discovery and responsible disclosure
- Professional consulting experience and background is a plus
- History of contributing to open source projects or speaking at relevant professional conferences
- Competitive Salary: We offer some of the most competitive salaries in the industry.
- Monthly Events: We have fun monthly events that take place at our offices, with some for remote workers as well!
- Employee Recognition: We have a recognition program in place as a way to acknowledge your hard work!
- Paid Vacation: Every employee gets 2+ weeks’ vacation to start. We want you to have a good work/life balance!
- Health & Dental: We cover 100% of your insurance cost. Go for a massage or to the dentist!
- Discounts to gyms, theme parks, restaurants, technology, the list goes on!
We are committed to creating a supportive environment where everyone feels included, regardless of background, religion, race, gender, physical ability or sexual orientation.