About Our Company
When someone needs insurance coverage for the unique, the unusual, or the unconventional, they come to Burns & Wilcox Canada. Burns & Wilcox Canada offers comprehensive solutions for retail insurance brokers and agents of all sizes. Burns & Wilcox Canada is a subsidiary of the H.W. Kaufman Group. No other specialty insurance organization can match the unique ability of the H.W. Kaufman Group to broker, write, insure and finance the most highly specialized risks in the world.
The Ideal Candidate
- You’re organized and a master multi-tasker. You are attentive to detail and can effectively manage your time and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- You take initiative. You don’t wait until you are told what to do. You anticipate project needs and are resourceful in getting the required information to get your job done.
- You’re a team-player. Our office has a collaborative atmosphere where learning from others and teaching others is important.
- You’re professional and client-oriented. We service clients across the globe and take pride in our professional work environment and reputation.
The responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Welcome visitors, clients, and staff in a friendly, positive manner
- Answer multi-line phone with professionalism and enthusiasm; direct calls to appropriate personnel
- Scheduling and managing calendars
- Coordinate and execute company events such as employee events and client appreciation initiatives
- Assist with meetings and conferences and book travel arrangements
- Receiving, sorting, and routing mail received at the reception desk
- Maintaining the reception area to look neat and professional at all times
- Maintaining the office kitchen and breakout area to be functional, clean and tidy at all times
- Ordering, receiving, and organizing all office supplies
- Perform other clerical duties as needed
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in a professional environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Possess the ability to multitask and successfully prioritize assignments based on deadlines
- Accustomed to working in high volume and high energy atmosphere
- Has successfully demonstrated the ability to take ownership of their work
- Enjoys complex and challenging assignments
- Must be extremely organized and proactive
- Competitive compensation
- Health benefits
- Employer paid continuing education courses and designations
- Many exciting opportunities for career advancement
Burns & Wilcox Canada is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence with a view to providing integration and equal opportunities for all. Burns and Wilcox Canada welcomes applications from all qualified individuals and will accommodate applicants’ disability-related needs in accordance with the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please inform the Recruiter or contact our Human Resources department at HRCanada@burns-wilcox.ca or 416.774.2477. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Nothing to note at this time. Overall comments positive with regards to employment. Most enjoyable part of my day would be completion of all projects!