Lifestyle Centred Services is registered with DHHS & NDIS and is a client focused Disability and Mental Health Service, provided throughout Victoria. We specialise in providing support to adults with psycho-social disability’s and those faced with minor or major mental health issues. We are recognised in the industry for our high-quality service delivery to our clients and seek applicants who are enthusiastic, reliable with good work ethics, committed and passionate to provide the best quality support and care.
The position is to provide support to the client within their home, it may involve personal care, assistance with developing independence or community support.
Lifestyle Centred Services looks at every candidate’s resume and their ability to provide the best quality care with their background experience.
Shifts: Security of on-going rostered shifts
Position: this position requires minimum 12-month commitment
Work Type: Casual
Classification: Mental Health Support Worker
Wages: above the award (rate depending on qualifications & experience).
- Be an enthusiastic individual who is self-motivated and driven
- Be reliable with good work ethics
- Be patient and understanding
- Positively engage, interact and work with people who have complex needs
- Possess a comprehensive knowledge of mental health and the issues that are faced
- Ability to apply sensitivity, empathy, cultural awareness and an open-minded approach to personal matters
- Passionate about providing the best quality care for the client, using a person centred approach
- Have a genuine passion for improving the quality of life for those with minor and complex mental health needs
Ideal experience would include but not limited to:
- Relevant academic or professional experience in mental health or a similar field (i.e. Nursing, Community Services, Youth Work or Social Work)
- experience working with and implementing client goal plans
- a demonstrated understanding of client centered work and recovery-oriented practice in a mental health framework
- A Police check and criminal clearance (current within the past 12 months) If you do not have a police check Lifestyle can arrange to forward you an on-line application.
- Undertake Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme check
- Senior First Aid/CPR (or prepared to obtain upon employment)
Desired but not mandatory: Qualifications in Psychology, Mental Health, Community Services, Social Work or other related fields
Rostered on-going shifts:
Wednesday: 3pm – 6:30pm
Saturday: 12pm – 2pm
Only permanent residents need apply as the position requires a minimum 12 – month commitment
To apply for the position please email your resume with your personal email. Only suitable candidates will be contacted via email with an attached Application for Employment and a Position Description. Once these are returned staff will select the most suitable applicants for the client’s specific needs and you will be contacted by phone for a pre-phone interview.
Note: please provide an email address on your resume as we will contact you directly
Linkendin – company website lifestylecentred.com.au