Reshift Media is a Toronto-based digital marketing company that is growing rapidly. Our mission is to work with our clients as a one-stop destination for cohesive social, search and digital development services.
We are seeking a strong PHP / WordPress Developer to join our growing team.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for people who are interested in developing their career with us, as we develop our software team.
Successful candidates should enjoy working in an agile team environment; have the enthusiasm and ambition to complete projects to the highest standard and want to be part of a team that has high quality values. The ideal person is motivated by results, is self-directed and is committed to continuous improvement.
We are looking for individuals with an ambition to succeed!
- Work closely with the design team to make recommendations for optimal solutions to technical issues and opportunities
- Create custom WordPress themes based on client needs.
- Build WordPress plugins to integrate client’s workflow into the CMS.
- Create and integrate external APIs with WordPress.
- Give time estimates and manage time efficiently.
- Report back on project status and milestones.
- Write well-documented code and following best practices.
- Own and lead the technical backlog of projects.
Skills & Requirements
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experienced with MySQL.
- Experienced with LAMP or LEMP Stacks.
- Familiar with GIT and GIT based workflows.
- Extensive experience creating WordPress sites from design to implementation.
- Experienced with working with custom post types and WP_REST.
- Familiar with and utilize frontend build scripts such as webpack or gulp.
- Expert knowledge of responsive best practices.
- Enthusiastic about cutting edge web technologies.
- Excellent communication skills: verbal, written, presentation.
- Innovative, motivated, confident, organized, high energy team player.
Job Type: Full-time
- WordPress: 2 years (Preferred)
- Toronto, ON (Required)