Apply As Volvo / Scania / Mack Truck Mechanic / Service technician in Australia
Our client, a leading Truck Servicing and Main Dealership across Western Australia, is looking to hire 15 Volvo / Mack / UD (or a similar European Brand such as Scania, Volvo, DAF etc) trained and experienced Service Technicians for their brand new facilities in Perth.
Ideally the first choice candidate will either be an Australian or New Zealand Citizen, or someone holding Permanent Residency. If no local hires are available, then our client will look to International Applicants being sponsored on the 482 (TSS) Visa..
Job Type / Category
The roles will be primarily workshop based, with some off site recovery and service work as well.
Shifts are variable
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
Ideally you will hold Main Dealership or Manufacturer Qualifications, as well as a recognised Trade Qualification such as Cert III, NVQ Level 2/3, Red Seal, City and Guilds or a 3 Year Apprenticeship.
International Candidates where required, will need to pass a Vetassess Accreditation.
The employer has a history of sponsoring International Applicants, and is offering the TSS / 482 Visa. Salary will be dependant on experience but it is anticipated that they will be circa $85,000 plus.
Interviews will be happening locally by telephone and internationally by Skype over the next few weeks, with a start date asap dependant on Visa Processing
482 Visa (TSS) Sponsorship
Whilst our client’s preference would be to hire either locally based Australian or New Zealand Citizens, or those International Candidates already holding a Permanent Residency Visa, our client additionally is a registered sponsor of International Workers under the 482 Visa Program.
If you would like to be considered under a 482 Sponsorship you will require the following under Department of Home Affairs Immigration Requiments: –
- Hold a Recognised International Trade Qualification in Mechanics (Red Seal, City and Guilds, FETAC etc)
- To Hold, or be able to pass a Cert III Trade Assessment (Vetassess or other recognised body) for the Visa application
- Hold an IELTS English Test Certificate (5.0 Minimum in all 4 sections), or be a citizen of UK, Ireland, USA, Canada, or New Zealand
- Be in a financial position to support your application, and associated costs
- Be able to move to Australia as soon as your Visa is granted (preferred)
For Candidates wanting to move quicker than that, then there is the option (if you are under the age of 35) to come across initially on a Working Holiday Visa, and wait for your TSS / 482 to be processed whilst you are already working.
If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as it is anticipated that demand will be high.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $85,000.00 /year
- Highway Truck Mechanic / Service Technician: 5 years (Required)
- Truck Mechanic (Required)
- Fluent English (Required)