Ontario immigration has announced it is accepting applications for the Employer Job Offer: Foreign Worker Stream. As of August 27, 2019, candidates can submit applications through the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) e-filing portal. Important requirements for the stream include a full-time job offer under NOC 0, A or B and two years of relevant work experience.
Full candidate and business requirements are included below. The Ontario Employer Job Offer category replaced the previous Employer Pre-Screened category with the key difference being that the candidate, not the employer, leads the application process.
An OINP statement said the Employer Job Offer: International Student Stream remains paused to intake.
Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program: Employer Job Offer streams
The Ontario Employer Job Offer category replaces the previous Employer Pre-Screened category with the key difference being that the candidate, not the employer, leads the application process.
Interested individuals may apply under this category only if they have the support of an Ontario employer who has extended to them a full-time indeterminate job offer, under three streams: foreign workers, international students and In-demand skills.
Employer Job Offer: Foreign Worker Stream
To qualify under this stream, applicants must have:
- A permanent and full-time job offer under NOC 0, A or B that meets the median wage levels for Ontario, and in a position that is necessary to the business.
- For those already working in the position, the proposed wage must be equal or greater than the current wage being paid.
- Two cumulative years of relevant work experience in the previous five years before the date of application.
- Relevant mandatory licensing in Ontario, if the position requires.
- Live abroad, or be working, studying or visiting Canada on a valid permit.
- Intention to settle in Ontario.
Under the stream, businesses must also meet several requirements:
- Been active for the past three years.
- Have premises in Ontario.
- Comply with all the employment, health and safety legislation.
- If located in Greater Toronto Area (GTA): minimum of $1,000,000 in gross annual revenue and five full-time employees who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents.
- If located outside GTA: minimum of $500,000 in gross annual revenue and three full-time employees who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents.
- For the Foreign Worker Stream only: Demonstrate recruitment efforts if the applicant is living outside Canada or is working in Canada but outside Ontario.
- If the applicant is currently working in Ontario, this requirement is waived.
Eligible occupations for the In-demand Skills stream
|National Occupations Classification||Job Title|
|NOC 3413||Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates|
|NOC 4412||Home support workers and related occupations, excluding housekeepers|
|NOC 7441||Residential and commercial installers and servicers|
|NOC 7511||Transport truck drivers|
|NOC 7521||Heavy equipment operators (except crane)|
|NOC 8431||General farm workers|
|NOC 8432||Nursery and greenhouse workers|
|NOC 8611||Harvesting labourers|
|NOC 7611||Construction trades helpers and labourers|
|NOC 9462||Industrial butchers, meat cutters, poultry preparers, related workers|
Interested candidates who meet the requirements must complete an online application and submit all relevant forms and supporting documentation.
An application fee of $2000 (if the job offered is located in the GTA) or of $1500 (if the job offered is located outside the GTA) is due at this moment.
If the application is approved, the candidate will receive a Letter of Nomination and must apply for permanent residence with IRCC within the following six months.