A fantastic opportunity has arisen in the Aviva Canada Digital Garage team in Downtown Toronto. We require Full Stack Software Engineers to help develop exceptional digital delivery capability within Web and Mobile and that will redefine insurance experience online.
About the Company
We help our 33 million customers to save for the future and manage the risks of everyday life. To give these customers the best possible products and service we know we must make Aviva the most attractive choice for talented, entrepreneurial people with diverse backgrounds and an evolving range of expertise and insight.
So, we’re passionate about helping our 29,500 people to do the best work of their lives, to enable them to make a positive difference to the lives of our customers.
- Develop scalable web applications and APIs with an emphasis on quality
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, reliable and secure code using TDD principles
- Supporting & sharing best practices with teams and internal developer community as well as collaboration and stakeholder management with the broader team
- Work in Agile team (Scrum, Kanban) – a passion for Agile methodology but the flexibility to think outside the scrum
- Translate application storyboards, use cases and stories into functional applications
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Participate in all scrum meetings demos/showcases with a strong voice at the table
- Think on your feet, collaborate with your team and others, and you enjoy taking ownership for your work
- Keen to learn modern technology and see how it can help the broader team
- You have a passion for solving problems across all areas of the business
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Negotiating, influencing, effectively challenging and gaining commitment (impact and influence)
- Excellent knowledge of industry direction and trends within Web and Mobile application development
- University Degree in Computer Science or IT equivalent
- Minimum 3 years of experience in building modern scalable web applications.
- Experience with Spring MVC or any other Java frameworks
- NodeJS architecture and experience with architecting and developing NodeJS/Express based applications in a micro services environment
- Strong fundamentals in CSS design and Architecture. Experience with Bootstrap and SASS
- Experience with NoSql databases like MongoDB
- Good understanding of Authentication/Authorization protocols.
- Good understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues
- Strong understanding of best practices in Performance tuning web applications (Load time) and experience with using Chrome Dev Tools
- Experience with developing and consuming REST based Services.
- Experience with creating Postman Collection, SoapUI
- Knowledge of modern software engineering paracties like Test Driven Development (TDD), Behavior Driven Development (BDD), Continuous integration (Jenkins).
- Exposure to Git (Source Code Management)
Aviva Canada is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities during all phases of the hiring process including the application process. If you require an accommodation because of a disability, we will work with you to meet your needs. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. If you are selected for an interview and require an accommodation, you are encouraged to advise the Talent Acquisition Partner who will consult with you to determine an appropriate accommodation.