We have an exciting opportunity as a Clinical Pharmacist within our Lower Mainland Pharmacy Services located at Chilliwack General Hospital where you can showcase your clinical hospital pharmaceutical skills!
Who we are
Located in British Columbia, Fraser Health is one of Canada’s largest and fastest growing health authorities that operates 12 hospitals (including Level 1 and 3 Trauma Centres), the province’s first state-of-the-art outpatient centre and other facilities. Over 26,000 employees, 2,900 physicians and 8,000 volunteers provide services that range from acute care to community-based residential, home, mental and public health to 1.8 million people – over 1/3 of B.C.’s population.
If you are a Specialized Registered Nurse, and would like to hear from us before applying, complete our quick contact form and a recruitment consultant will connect with you within 48 hours: http://careers.fraserhealth.ca/contact-us/calling-cards/specialized-registered-nurse/
How we care for our people
We strive to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. From the financial advisor managing our health care resources, to the IT professional enabling life-saving data, to the nurse and physician on the front line of patient care, everyone plays a role in the care continuum.
To support our employees and their lifestyles, we offer: Extended Health Care and Dental, 4 Weeks Vacation, 12 Statutory Holidays, Pension Plan, Relocation Assistance (ask us about eligibility). These benefits are available for our regular full-time and regular part-time employees.
Why our people enjoy working with us
At Fraser Health I am faced with exciting new challenges every day, my peers and management team provide me with the support, information and energy needed to overcome roadblocks and offer me the opportunity to be the best version of me at work. I am proud to be part of this winning team!” – Folashade, Consultant, IMITS.
“To be able to start moving people around, get them stronger, teach them how to walk again, empower them to go home from the hospital and back to their normal life, is really an amazing thing. I also get to be surrounded by a whole staff of physiotherapists who share the same passion. I can’t imagine doing anything else.” – Dejan, Physiotherapist.
Get to know Lower Mainland Pharmacy Services!
We are a collaboration of four premier health employers Fraser Health, Provincial Health Services, Providence and Vancouver Coastal Health and provide an integrated approach to pharmaceutical care and service excellence patients, residents and clients committed to investing in your professional development in creating an environment where you can advance your career.
As a Clinical Pharmacist you will work to provide the following services to our patients:
- Individualized patient medication therapy
- Counselling patient on their medication therapy
- Work in collaboration with physicians, nurses and other health care providers to develop and discuss therapeutic plans
- Assist in the development of drug therapy guidelines for individual disease conditions
- Prepare written summaries and recommendations on drug usage that are shared with other members of your team or working committees
- Gives items such as case studies and articles for submission to professional journals
- Acts as department resource person within your assigned area and participate in medication use evaluations and clinical drug trials
- Provides mentorship and supervision to pharmacy students and residents
Additionally, we would depend on your expertise to ensure that prescriptions are validated and you would identify safety concerns working with the health care team to resolve discrepancies or problems; documenting discussions or modifications to the medication therapy and dispensing medications.
To join our team you have:
- Current registration as a Pharmacist with the College of Pharmacists of British Columbia
- Completion of an accredited Hospital Pharmacy Residency Program
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, here’s why you should apply!
- A career that offers you the opportunity to work in a fast growing and exciting organization with professionals who are eminent in their respective fields
- Competitive salary package, including comprehensive health benefits coverage
We aim to build an environment where you love the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. From the financial advisor handling our health care resources, to the IT professional enabling life-saving data, to the nurse and physician on the front line of patient care, everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces.
Apply now to join our diverse team ! send your resume to “firstname.lastname@example.org”
ONE TEAM, BEST PHARMACY CARE, BETTER LIVES