Caring for Life. Make a difference. Be the difference.
If you are looking to work for a growing, global corporation that is focused on making meaningful improvements in the safety, affordability, and availability of the care medical professionals provide to their patients, then you should consider Calea Ltd.
We are an employer that works to build great leaders, teams and businesses. We know our employees are key to everything we accomplish, so we give them the freedom and resources to reach their potential and the opportunity to work with managers who care about their professional development. We value integrity, encourage collaboration, celebrate passion, reward creativity, and demand excellence — because our customers deserve nothing less and our customers are at the heart of every one of our goals.
As a part of this organization, you can enjoy an exciting career, a company culture based on a clear purpose and values, and the knowledge that your work makes a real difference. If you would like to learn more about us, we would love to hear from you.
An exciting opportunity to join a dynamic biomedical equipment team as a BIOMEDICAL TECHNICIAN.
The Biomedical Technician is responsible for ensuring the integrity of patient contact devices ( equipment ) for the Mississauga facility. When necessary, the Biomedical Technician will perform simple repairs or send out selected pieces of equipment for external service. The Biomedical Technician makes optimal use of specialized technical knowledge and experience in servicing Calea’s equipment inventory and some patient owned-devices on a limited basis.
The Impact You Will Make:
- Patient Well-Being. Be the front-line to our patient community; your expertise in this area ensures that our patients receive the highest quality equipment, for successful treatment and a positive experience with Calea.
- Equipment Maintenance. Performs equipment and inventory inspections by conducting tests in accordance with manufacturer’s guidelines and work instructions. Troubleshoots and repairs equipment malfunctions; sends equipment for service and maintains records. Analyzes the root causes of equipment failures and proposes corrective actions. Assists in pole cleaning, bag laundering, pump disinfection and testing.
- Equipment Inventory. Monitors equipment inventory levels and makes recommendations for purchases. Maintains biomedical equipment supplies inventory by checking stock, anticipating needs and placing and expediting orders as per department requirements. Prepares and maintains equipment inventory and repair reports, comes up with innovative and strategic ideas for better tracking and recording the inventory stocks.
- Process Improvement. Proposes improvements to enhance equipment performance and reliability. Develops cost reduction initiatives by effective utilization of materials and resources. Assists in drafting new SOP’s and KPI’s, and participates in developing new training initiatives. Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
What You’ll Bring:
- Knowledge & Experience. You attended post-secondary education in biomedical engineering technology or another related field, and have previous practical and related experience.
- Exceptional Organizational & Time Management. You maintain strong attention to detail with the ability to multitask and handle fluctuating workloads simultaneously. Your organizational and problem-solving skills are strong while identifying areas for continuous improvement. You have excellent project management and follow up skills and are deadline oriented with a strong ability to prioritize tasks.
- Communication & Presentation. You are able to effectively communicate both written and verbally in collaboration with all level both inside and outside the organization.
- Attitude & Passion. You are self-motivated and able to work productively with minimal supervision. You have proven your ability to adhere to standards and procedures and maintain continuous confidentiality.
- Technical Experience. You are proficient in Microsoft® Office, PowerPoint and Excel. Your critical thinking and decision-making skills are above average and you demonstrate excellent analytical skills and high level of accuracy.
- Availability and Reliability. Set schedule of Monday-Friday, with occasional coverage on weekends and holidays. You are a team player, and can be counted on to follow-through when you commit to getting the job done.
What We’ll Bring
- Exposure. The hands-on practical experience and exposure to the field you studied, combined with the mentorship of a dynamic and knowledgeable team.
- Positive Collaborative Environment. A welcoming, fun and energetic team environment that encourages open communication and collaboration. Our culture encourages our employees to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
- Impact. You will be an integral part of the projects and initiatives that will contribute to the strategic planning and growth of the biomedical equipment department.