The Corporate Attorney partners with the firm’s GC or outside counsel, other members of the legal department to help with risks and advance the company’s vision and strategic plan. The Corporate Attorney leverages broad legal subject matter expertise with practical experience to assist in the legal areas of contracts; corporate transactions; corporate governance; litigation; insurance, risk and dispute management; compliance; labor and employment; and employee benefits.
- Assist in all aspects of the legal functions of the company as assigned.
- Assist in providing research and counsel on a range of compliance, risk management, corporate governance, employment law and other matters.
- Provide practical legal advice and support across all Practices and Resource Groups, including reviewing, drafting and negotiating a diverse range of complex agreements, contracts, leases and other legal documents.
- Assist with resolving legal-related disputes, and managing outside litigation resources as assigned.
- Assist in ensuring compliance with all applicable local, state, U.S. and foreign laws and regulations and all client requirements.
- Assist with risk management, including the implementation of risk management strategies.
- Assist with the review of legal-related procedures, processes, and administration as assigned.
- Perform legal research on a variety of topics.
- Will report to Lead Corporate Attorney; Will work collaboratively with and receive guidance from more senior attorneys in legal team.
- Juris Doctorate and admission to the bar of the State of Florida.
- At least 2-4 years’ experience, including time with a law firm.
- Exceptional writing and communication skills; ability to convey legal advice clearly and effectively.
- Excellent legal and practical judgment with strong problem solving skills.
- Results-oriented, with a high sense of urgency and good time management skills.
- Must be flexible with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent interpersonal skills & the ability to work effectively with employees at all levels.
- A collaborative and flexible style, with a strong service mentality.