Permanent Senior Administrative Assistant Vacancy in Canada
The Senior Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing coordination and support for their department, including all administrative activities that are essential to upholding the day-to-day department initiatives. This position will be required to mentor other administrative staff, participate in team projects, and performs other duties as required. Primary responsibilities of this position include:
This is a permanent full-time position working thirty-five (35) hours per week. This position is located in the community of Fort McMurray, the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo’s urban centre.
General Administration: Creates, and maintains all documents, invoices, files, expenses, spreadsheets, statistical reports, presentations, and other related documentation. Manages the calendar of assigned staff. Provides scheduling support by booking appointments and assigning meeting rooms. Ensures internal and external inquiries are appropriately handled or redirected.
Information Delivery Support: Develops, researches, compiles, tracks, and assembles information for budgets, systems, procedures, registrations, claims, and reports. Maintains department intranet and information systems to ensure they are accurate and up-to-date.
Department Support: Leads, mentors and coaches corporate staff on departmental and organizational processes. Coordinates, assigns, and delegates staff on behalf of the Director. Liaises with outside organizations and government agencies. Ensures inquiries are appropriately handled or redirected on behalf of the Director. Coordinates meeting requirements. Performs other duties as required.
June 30, 2019 at 11:59 PM
Internal & External (Posted: June 15, 2019)
In addition to the rate of pay, we offer other attractive incentives:
- an extensive employer paid benefits plan
- an additional annual payment of $12,480 which represents a cost of living allowance
We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however, only those individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
Primary Location: Canada-Alberta-Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo
- A Diploma in Business or Office Administration is required.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Five (5) years of related administrative experience at a senior level is required.
- Previous municipal experience is an asset.
- Experience working in a public-sector environment with unionized and non-unionized employees considered an asset.
You will possess the following:
- Demonstrates a high degree of professionalism, discretion, confidentiality and independence.
- Strong listening, communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Effective decision-making skills with the flexibility to manage a broad range of complex activities.
- Ability to effectively interact with internal and external clients and stakeholders at all levels while maintaining excellent customer service.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team environment.
- A self-starter who can perform in a fast-paced project environment and work within tight deadlines by organizing workload and setting priorities.
- Ability to analyze information from various sources to identify issues and problems.
- Valid Alberta Class Five (5) Drivers Licence