Apply as a Financial Analyst – Investment Management Accounting in Canada
QuadReal Property Group will provide reasonable accommodation at any time throughout the hiring process for applicants with disabilities or for those needing job postings in an alternate format. If you require accommodation, please advise the Talent Acquisition team member you are working with and include the following: Job posting #, your name and your preferred method of contact.
Job Role Description
The Financial Analyst will report to the Director of Finance, Investment Management (Domestic). This role is based in QuadReal’s corporate office in Vancouver, BC, and will be an important member of the Investment Management Finance team.
- Produce real estate fund performance analytics and reporting that drives key insights, recommendations, and proposed next steps from the Portfolio Forecast Model. This includes KPI metrics, real estate capital spending management, and performance analytics against budget and forecast to the real estate operational and the investment management teams where the ERP system cannot easily provide.
- Assist with the annual budgeting and quarterly forecast processes which include potential future strategic scenario modeling, managing an iterative process around assumptions, managing the modeling with our ERP system.
- Visualize data and information for key business partners through the creation of reports and queries using Microsoft’s technology stack where the ERP system is not able to provide.
- Optimize Microsoft Power BI dashboards with a focus on usability, performance, flexibility, testability, and standardization for reporting not provided by the main ERP system. This includes preparing forward looking strategic and cashflow forecasting, related analytics and reporting for the real estate portfolio in partnership with the investment management team.
- Design data architecture structures necessary to support strategic forecasting initiatives.
- Maintain complex datasets to ensure consistency across all required analysis and reporting not handled by the ERP system.
- Participate in process/systems efficiencies.
- Work cross-functionally with key business partners to define and automate/augment reporting from the ERP system.
- Other duties as required.
Education and Qualifications:
- Education – Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Information Technology or related field.
- Experience – Previous experience – 1 to 3 years related experience in financial reporting, planning, forecasting, and analysis.
- Technical & systems savvy:
o Advanced understanding of Data Analysis Expressions (DAX) formula and query language for Microsoft PowerPivot & Power BI.
o Advanced Power BI visualization experience.
o Preference to those with experience using JD Edwards and/or Yardi.
o Preference to those with knowledge in the areas of Data Warehousing, Data Transformation, Data Quality, Reporting and Data Analytics, and understanding query performance tuning methods.
- Analytical – Strong quantitative and analytical skills; Strong attention to detail -oriented and proficient in building and handling complicated data sets.
- Communication – Excellent communication and presentation skills; demonstrate an ability to effectively communicate and present results that articulate key themes and messages.
- Organization – Must be able to allocate time effectively and work, handle multiple demands and competing priorities, and adapt to new ideas and change.
- Responsive – Must be extremely proactive and work well in a collaborative environment, with the ability to take guidance but then move projects forward independently.
- Values – Embrace and pro-actively support QuadReal’s values and its culture of environmental sustainability and corporate and social responsibility.
- Candidate must be eligible to work in Canada.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, QuadReal Property Group is a global real estate investment, operating and development company.