Novo Cinemas takes pride in showcasing the latest viewing technology, being acknowledged as the regional leader in cinema innovation when bestowed with the Most Innovative Cinema award at ComiCon ME 2017. This award is a testament to our dedication to providing customers with the most state-of-the-art movie-going experiences possible.
About the Company
Novo Cinemas is home to the most innovative entertainment experiences in the GCC, offering each visitor A Great Time Out since 2014. We are one of the largest cinema chains in the Middle East because we push boundaries, pioneer change, and consistently strive for the “new”. We began our legacy by introducing the region to such evolutionary technologies as the largest IMAX with Laser in the MENA region, online booking, e-kiosks and the first cinema-dedicated mobile app.
Our theaters are cinematic experience hubs creating lasting memories for every customer. Novo brings movies to life, letting guests choose from 2D, 3D, 4D, IMAX with Laser, ATMOS and luxury 7-Star VIP suites for their comfort. Supporting the in-theatre entertainment are bespoke gourmet menus, the latest trends in cinema snacks including frozen popcorn, fresh crepes and healthy treats. We are committed to providing every community with a personalized and outstanding entertainment experience placing cinema-goers at the forefront. Known as a destination for regional premieres, we are proud to host the most anticipated preview screenings.
In addition to blockbuster releases, Novo offers corporate and private group bookings as well as alternative content such as live boxing, cricket and football matches and the performing arts. Films can be as informative as they are entertaining and Novo’s commitment to education is reflected in our wide range of stunning IMAX documentary films available for private school bookings.
Job description / Role
• The role focuses on building the Novo brand across all locations in the UAE and Bahrain
• Drive creative development, communication and PR to motivate the target audience to ‘take action’
• The position will involve analysis and reporting of business/competitive data, assisting in the execution of marketing initiatives (consumer promotions, new product introductions, package changes) as well as post evaluation.
• The role also supports the development of annual marketing plans, tracks key performance indicators and reports on results versus objectives (sales, profit, and market share).
• Responsible for assisting in the research and implementation of the brand and communication strategy, which is aligned with corporate objectives.
• Responsible to assist in the effective management of the marketing, advertising and promotional activities of the Novo Cinema brand.
• Proven experience as a brand marketing resource
• Proven ability to develop brand and marketing strategies and communicate recommendations
• Experience in identifying TG and devising effective campaigns
• Strong analytical skills partnered with a creative mind
• Data driven thinking and an affinity for numbers
• Outstanding communication & writing skills
• Excellent presentation skills
• Great organizing and event management skills
• Conduct consumer and market research
• Design a research-based brand plan
• Translate brand elements into plans and go-to-market strategies
BRAND CAMPAIGNS & PROMOTIONS
• Develop and execute marketing campaigns aimed at communicating our brand message
• Lead marketing team members through campaigns
• Measure and report on success of marketing campaigns
• Anticipate consumer trends and keep brand up to date
• Prepare all branded collateral for internal stakeholders including sales, PR and digital
• Develop strategies with internal and external stakeholders to create innovative co-branded partnerships
• Work closely with Mall Marketing teams to drive awareness for NOVO Cinemas
• Draft contracts with the support of legal for barter agreements or revenue generating agreements
• Ensure all campaigns are executed accurately on site
• Inspect all sites to ensure brand is represented well
• Support cinema managers and run monthly meetings to keep them updated on new projects
• Support all on-ground activations with internal and external partners
• Prepare necessary A&P’s
• Site branding in maintained and replaced when necessary
• Ensure campaigns and marketing information is communicated in a timely manner
• Press release and speech writing skills for the CEO’s office
• Regular, documented interaction with mall management to ensure sufficient brand awareness across the site and their marketing platforms
• Engage them on partnerships that could drive footfall to both mall and cinema
• Contact for special request and campaigns which require our involvement
MEDIA & ADVERTISING
• Use Novo Cinemas advertising assets appropriately
• Recommend media for Bahrain and UAE campaigns
• Maintain budget and ensure monthly reports are submitted and budget is within parameters provided
• Keeping record of daily expenditures to review against master budget
• Corporate gifts purchased for department to use as needed
• Any other projects requiring branded support as they arise
• 4-7 years of experience in a Marketing Role
• Bachelor’s Degree Major in Marketing or related discipline
• Excellent marketing and negotiation skills.
• Language: Fluent in written and verbal English and Arabic will be preferred
• Proficient in MS Office Tools
There are currently 158 screens across the GCC, ongoing expansion will see our numbers grow to over to 220 screens in more than 20 cinemas in four markets by 2019. Novo Cinemas.