Senior Mental Health Practitioner is Needed in Portsmouth, UK
Make a difference with us
If you are looking for somewhere you can make a real difference and are passionate about keeping people safe, well and out of hospital, a career with us may be just what you’re looking for. At Solent NHS Trust, we strive to make a difference to the health and wellbeing of our communities.
We are proud to be an organisation which is focused on our people and we welcome people who share our values to come and work with us.
- To deliver great care that is safe, simple and easy to access
- To be a caring, flexible and supportive place to work
- To deliver the best value for money
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced and motivated Senior Mental Practitioner to be part of a forward thinking Crisis Resolution Home Treatment Team.
You will be part of a Crisis Resolution Home Treatment Team who is committed to leading and developing innovative ways of ensuring the needs of people who use the acute care pathway are a patient led and evidence based.
Our services for adults over the age of 17 years old, we are working toward providing an ageless, Crisis service and will provide care for those over the age of 65 years old.
Your role will include:
- Providing high quality Mental Health assessments and interventions to people, who access the service; provide structured care plans for support staff to carry out.
- Focusing on individuals mental health needs, improve wellbeing and explore therapies and skills that will enable them in the community.
- Contributing to the overall service development with in acute care pathway and community teams.
- Being up to date and delivering evidence based interventions
- Provide guidance and support to the Band 3 support workers.
You will need:
- Experience of and specialist skills working with people with Mental Health Illnesses.
- Experience of providing supervision and debrief to staff
- Experience in various skills/treatments required to improve mental health and functioning
- The ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- The ability to work flexibly and independently
- Enthusiasm, imagination and initiative
- Prior knowledge of CBT/DBT informed practices
- Confidence and robust knowledge and a passion for mental health
What you can expect from us in return:
- Clinical Supervision
- Full support from a multidisciplinary team
- Internal/external training on new initiatives and therapy
You will also learn from some of the most dedicated and inspirational people in our profession.
If you would like to find out more about this opportunity, please contact Graeme Matthews on0300 123 3924.
Please note that should this post attract sufficient interest, we may choose to close at an earlier date. We strongly suggest that you apply at an early stage.If we have not contacted you within four weeks of the closing date of this post, please presume that you have not been selected.Candidates selected for interview will be contacted within 2-3 weeks; therefore you should check your emails regularly including junk mail folders.
Solent NHS Trust offers a competitive starting salary and access to a wide range of employee benefits:
- 27 – 33 days annual leave plus bank holidays (for permanent staff)
- Pay enhancements to reward out of hours working
- Abilty to join the generous NHS pension scheme
- Purchase of additional annual leave
- Training and development opportunities
- An extensive health and wellbeing service
- Flexible working options
- Free yoga, pilates and mindfulness classes
- NHS discounts from leading retailers
Our commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion starts with our people; shapes the way we deliver our services and the way we build our teams. We welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds to help us deliver great care to all of our communities.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Tier 2 Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require Tier 2 sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. The UK Visas and Immigration department requires employers to complete this test to show that no suitably qualified EEA or EU worker can fill the post. For further information please visit the UK Visas and Immigration website.
From 6 April 2017, Tier 2 skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, must present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) will also be subject to this requirement.
Guidance can be found here Criminal Records Checks For Overseas Applicants
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see applying from overseas.