Muslim Association of Canada is committed to fair and equitable recruiting practices in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA). Persons with disabilities are encouraged to come forward at any stage of the recruitment process to request accommodations, by contacting Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org, if needed. Members of our team will consult and create processes that provide individuals with disabilities the best possible recruitment experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow the given course plan, memorization (Hifz) plan, Tajweed, meanings & Motashabihat (like-verses) when recommended in the curriculum and homework material such as Tajweed and revision
- Maintain appropriate standards of behavior, mutual respect, and safety within the classroom
- Responsible for the following in the class (Halaka):
- Tasmiyaa: Let the students do Tasmiyaa (recitation from memory) according to the revision plan
- Pronunciation (Tajweed): Explain new Tajweed concept in theory
- Implement the Tajweed theory
- Motivate: Motivation Five minutes of encouragement for the students
- Responsible for following administrative duties such as:
- Recording of attendance for students.
- Regular follow up and progress feedback with parents and guardians of students.
- Evaluation report for each student in respective Halaka’s.
- Progress report for students.
- Testing and marking of students
- Experience: 1 to 2 years of previous Quran teaching experience would be preferred
- Must have solid and complete knowledge both practical and theoretical of Tajweed with rules & Quranic Arabic
- Must be able to apply Tajweed rules perfectly in recitation
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Excellent organizational, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a team as well as work independently
- Organized, reliable, and highly dedicated
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word)
Position: Quran Teacher
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Status: Part-Time, 20-30 hours per week
Working Conditions: Office Environment
Salary and Benefits: Dependent upon experience and qualifications
Starting Date: Immediately
How to Apply: Click on the apply button on the top right corner then submit your cover letter and resume
For more information please visit http://www.alotrojah.com/