Receptionist is Needed at St Joseph Catholic Church Winter Haven, Florida
St Joseph Catholic Church
May 10, 2019
June 9, 2019
532 AVE M NW, Winter Haven FL 33881
Brief Description of Job:
St Joseph Catholic Church is actively seeking a part time receptionist who serves visitors by greeting, welcoming and directing them; notifies company personnel of visitors’ arrival; maintains security and telephone system; performs routine administrative and office support services and basic accounts and recordkeeping duties.
- The front desk of a church is often a weekday caller or visitor’s first experience with the church community. The receptionist will, therefore, need to present him/herself with a neat appearance and keep the workspace orderly.
- Accepts all phone calls and walk-ins as a warm and welcoming representative of the church, answering questions, and directing inquiries appropriately. Treats every visitor, caller, or service person with courtesy, cheerfulness, and respect.
- Must be able to learn other computer software as required by the Parish.
- Maintains Mass Intentions using Microsoft Excel.
- Prepares and records receipts for mass intentions, donations, checks, and cash.
- Receives, sorts, and distributes mail. Receives and signs for specially delivered packages.
- Applies postage to outgoing mail and prepares it for pickup. Updates Bookkeeper when additional postage needs to be purchased.
- Keeps copy and fax machines supplied with paper and print cartridges. Orders replacement cartridges through copier company. Distributes associated records.
- Places office supply orders, checking first if items available from office supply storage area.
- Cleans coffee pots in the morning and afternoons. Restocks sugars, creamers, teas, etc. as needed.
- Maintains personal contacts, files, and documents.
- Intakes and processes sick calls for the priest as appropriate.
- Checks mail, e-mail, phone messages, prayer requests, etc., communicating information in a timely manner to appropriate persons.
- Prepares weekly bulletin and transmits at scheduled time to bulletin printing company. In addition, submits hard copies of bulletins to bulletin printer annually for binding in hardback books.
- Prepares and edits projection slides for mass presentations. Saves presentations on the proper flash drive and distributes to projection booth prior to weekend masses.
- Records new members, processes welcome letters for new parishioners, and updates information in the church database.
- Receptionist must relate well with a diversity of persons (Pastoral Staff, Church Leaders, Parishioners and Office Visitors).
- Prepares and mails Sacramental Certificates.
- Records Sacraments in appropriate Sacramental Register.
- Maintains confidentiality in all areas of responsibility as required.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing results as needed.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- High school degree or equivalent.
- Three years receptionist experience required including two years database experience.
- Excellent telephone skills and ability to stay calm in stressful situations.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, including Word and Publisher; knowledge of Parish Data Systems a plus. Solid organization