Systems Integration Consultant, Information Technology – Full-Time – is Needed in
Who we are:
Markham Stouffville Hospital is a large community hospital with two sites – Markham and Uxbridge that has a reputation for excellence in progressive community care. The hospital is uniquely positioned with cutting edge technology, expansive new facilities and a supportive and welcoming community. With a focus on patient experience, safe, high quality care and innovation, our dedicated team of physicians, staff and volunteers provides care to over 300,000 patients a year. The hospital has capacity to grow a number of programs and services as we evolve to meet the needs of our growing community. We are dedicated to providing access to the right care, at the right time, in the right place by the right people and at the right cost. Are you ready to join us?
What we need:
The System Integration Consultant is a hands-on system integration specialist, who supports operational interfaces and contributes to the implementation of new interfaces. The System Integration Consultant is also responsible to administer integration engine, including but not limited to configuration, upgrade, backup, and monitoring.
The successful candidate will have Rhapsody and healthcare experience and ideally Meditech experience.
The successful candidate is expected to work during business hours (Monday – Friday Day time) but also maintain team coverage and schedule during off-hours downtimes, on-calls, and/or occasional special events.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Create, test, maintain, support and enhance HL7 interfaces using the Rhapsody Integration Engine.
- Review and develop interface specifications, analyzing vendor response ensuring their specifications are complete and accurate, and identify any gaps.
- Manage hospital end user relationships throughout the development life cycle
- Manage multiple vendor relationships to ensure timelines are met and commitments fulfilled
- Support all active interfaces and escalate to vendors as required
- Develop effective monitoring and alerting functionality
- Develop testing and validation plan for new interfaces
- Coordinate interface implementations with IT Staff and department key users
- Coordinate testing for software release updates with IT Staff and department key users
- Responsible for documenting all information flows between systems and devices
- Advise on potential integration opportunities for new IT projects
- Poses advance knowledge of systems (Windows NT), relational database structures, security, storage and fault management.
- Duties as assigned
Who you are:
- You are an innovative and patient centered individual who provides excellence within their profession
- You are a team player with excellent communication, critical thinking and customer service skills
- You have vision, flexibility, transparency, honesty and practicality
- You are organized, accurate, able to multi task and meet deadlines
- You support the patient experience, your colleagues and others cultural and spiritual beliefs
What you bring to MSH:
- 5 years of experience as an integration specialist (or equivalent) within a healthcare organization
- 5 years of experience with Orion Rhapsody
- Degree, diploma, or certification in Computer Science and Health Informatics
- Recent completion of training related to Privacy and Security is highly desirable
- Working knowledge of the MEDITECH 6.x HIS is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work in a deadline driven and fast paced environment
- Working experience in a community hospital environment is a definite asset
- Demonstrated ability to work off-hours and support 24/7 on-call
- Active participant in related professional designated associations e.g. HL7
- Prior hands-on experience with HL7 CDA, FHIR, Web Services are assets.
- Prior integration experience with Ontario’s Provincial EHR (e.g. OLIS, EMPI, cGTA, WTIS, etc.) are also great assets.
- Demonstrated good attendance and performance records with the ability to maintain these same standards
- Demonstrates a commitment to a healthy and safe workplace for self and others (staff, patients, families, etc.) by taking all reasonable precautions and working in compliance with hospital related policies, health and safety legislation and best practices and completing relevant mandatory education as required
Markham Stouffville Hospital is committed to meeting the needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please contact Human Resources.